We believe in the Gospel of Jesus Christ, therefore we are big believers in Grace!
- Ephesians 2:8: For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith–and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God.
We believe that righteousness is a gift from God, granted to us through the death, burial, and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ. He took our sin so we can have his righteousness. Righteousness simply means our right standing with God, not a pattern of behavior. However, we also believe that knowledge of our righteousness, a gift of grace, will lead to better behavior.
- 2 Corinthians 5:21: For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ.
- Romans 5:17: For the sin of this one man, Adam, caused death to rule over many. But even greater is God’s wonderful grace and his gift of righteousness, for all who receive it will live in triumph over sin and death through this one man, Jesus Christ.
We believe that Jesus was the exact representation of God in human form, and therefore we believe that God is a radical lover of people! All people, whether they are living for Him or cursing His name. Our human behavior cannot alter the unchangeable love of God. Therefore, we believe that all people are precious and worthy in His sight, and should be treated as such.
- Colossians 1:15: Christ is the visible image of the invisible God…
- John 3:16: For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
- 1 John 4:8: Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.
We believe the Word of God is infallible and has the final authority over our decisions and our counseling approach. However, since Jesus is referred to as The Word Made Flesh (see John 1:1 and 1:14) we view all scripture through the lens of Jesus’s finished work on the cross.
- Hebrews 10:1: The old system under the law of Moses was only a shadow, a dim preview of the good things to come, not the good things themselves. The sacrifices under that system were repeated again and again, year after year, but they were never able to provide perfect cleansing for those who came to worship.
- 2 Timothy 3:16-17: All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.
We believe God is a good and loving Father, not the source of calamity. We believe the cause of pain and suffering is the devil, and the giver of life and blessings is God. However, we do believe that He brings redemption to even the most painful circumstances in life when we belong to Him. Therefore, here at Caring Counseling Ministries we are always hopeful and on the lookout to see God bring good out of even the most painful tragedies in life. Restated, He did not cause the pain, but He sure has a plan to redeem it!
- John 10:10: The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.
- Romans 8:28: And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.